102 Penn St.
Blacksburg, VA 24060
Since the beginning of St. Paul-Blacksburg (1857) until the present, this church has responded to Christ’s mandate found in Matthew 28:19, “Go ye therefore and teach all nations…” Visible within the community, the Church has been active in leading the lost to Christ, instrumental in the Civil Rights movement, feeding the hungry, supporting the homeless, partnered with other churches in sending money and supplies to hurricane victims and ministering to Radford and Virginia Tech University students, staff, and faculty.
On August 22, 1955, a year after the Supreme Court ruled that separate but equal facilities were unconstitutional the Pastor led the congregation in a sit in at a “Whites Only” park. This event helped end racial segregation in the Commonwealth of Virginia. In 2007, the community was thankful for St. Paul’s spiritual and emotional support through a 72-hour open door prayer and fellowship vigil and other services after the tragic loss of thirty-two Virginia Tech students. St. Paul-Blacksburg continues to represent the love and power of God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.